Northumbria Gems jewellery is handmade from natural British stone, gemstone and Northumbrian sea glass, and other gemstones. Here are a few suggestions for care of your jewellery:
- I recommend storing your jewellery separately, or wrapping it in a soft tissue or cloth before putting in a jewellery box or tray, to prevent any scratching of the polished stone or sea glass surface.
- To prevent chipping or breakage of your jewellery take care to avoid dropping it on any hard surface.
- Avoid submerging your jewellery in water for prolonged periods - e.g. when washing up or when swimming - particularly avoiding harsh chemicals or chlorine.
- Storing your jewellery in a sealed packet or container when not being worn, will help to prevent silver from tarnishing through exposure to the air (oxidisation).
Silver can be brightened by cleaning and polishing gently with a silver polishing cloth (these are not normally expensive to purchase).
Sitemap for Northumbria Gems
- Add a testimonial
- British gemstone & sea glass
- Contact me
- Hallmarked jewellery
- Handmade natural gemstone & sea glass jewellery
- Jewellery care
- Join my mailing list
- Manage your subscription
- My Account
- Payment and Delivery
- Sorry to see you go
- Terms & Conditions
- Thank you for subscribing