Northumbria Gems jewellery is handmade from natural British stone, gemstone and Northumbrian sea glass, and other gemstones. Here are a few suggestions for care of your jewellery:
- I recommend storing your jewellery separately, or wrapping it in a soft cloth or tissue before putting it in a jewellery box, just to prevent any scratching of the polished stone or sea glass surface.
- To prevent chipping or breakage of your jewellery take care to avoid dropping it on any hard surface.
- It would be advisable to avoid submerging your jewellery in water for prolonged periods - e.g. when washing up or when swimming - particularly avoiding harsh chemicals or chlorine.
- When not being worn, storing your jewellery in a sealed packet or container will help to prevent any silver or silver-plating from becoming darker through exposure to the air (oxidisation).
Silver can be cleaned and polished gently with a silver polishing cloth (these are not normally expensive to purchase).
Sitemap for Northumbria Gems
- Contact me
- Hallmarked jewellery
- Handmade natural gemstone & sea glass jewellery and glass art
- Jewellery care
- Join my mailing list
- Manage your subscription
- My Account
- Payment and Delivery
- Sorry to see you go
- Terms & Conditions
- Thank you for subscribing